The intentional act of practicing and promoting digital kindness can have a profound impact on the emotional well-being of others and can work towards increasing the amount of compassion that is observed in our fully connected world. A small gesture of kindness can make a huge difference in someone’s day and can quickly change the trajectory of our digital interactions and relationships. Can you imagine if every human being in the world replaced a complaint with a compliment? That would be 7,753,000,000 more kind words in the world. Now imagine if everyone repeated this kindness trend every single day… In just two weeks that would be over a hundred billion new compliments and kinder words in the digital world…
Ways to Promote Digital Kindness
- Leave a supportive comment on another individual’s social media account.
- Take the time to leave a positive review for a restaurant that you enjoyed.
- Message an honest and sincere compliment when you see an image, story, or message that you enjoy or like.
- Like and/or share a piece of digital content that you find inspiring or motivating.
- Compose a genuine email to show your appreciation towards another individual for something that they did.
- Take the time to connect with an individual that you have lost touch with or haven’t talked to in a while.
- Share a message of love or support for a business, individual, or event that you recently participated in.
- Recommend a great podcast, product, or professional service to another individual through a link.
- Choose to actively disengage from digital content and conversations that are unproductive and unkind.
- Express your gratitude to individuals that you care about!