What is privacy & security?
Privacy is about the safeguarding of user identity, whereas security is about the safeguarding of user data. In today's online world it's important to understand how to keep your data and identity safe.
With UpSavvy, students learn how to protect their privacy and security in the platforms and apps they use today. Students will be sure to know how the applications work, the content and trends, and what the purpose of that each particular tool is. How to choose what information to share and what settings are available to protect it.
UpSavvy privacy & security lessons
- Staying safe on the internet
- Using websites and apps safely
- What should be kept private when online
- Choosing strong passwords and keeping them safe
- What kinds of information are safe to share online
- Protecting yourself from viruses and malware
- Identifying phishing attacks and malicious websites
- Sharing personal information with apps
- How to secure social media accounts
- Protecting your personal data on social media
- How your personal data is shared by companies
- Understanding hackers, ransomware and cryptocurrency
- Privacy and security considerations after high school
Digital citizenship curriculum topics
UpSavvy provides one minute lessons for digital citizenship using interactive video format. It can be deployed with single sign-on and integrates with Google, Microsoft, Clever, ClassLink. UpSavvy was launched by former Googlers who helped over 4 million people learn how to use Google Apps.
Why UpSavvy works
- Takes less than 5 minutes a month to learn digital citizenship.
- Interactive content with over 200 bite size videos, quizzes & simulations.
- Empowers teachers with resources while minimizing their time investment.
- Enhances the classroom experience without sacrificing learning time.
Contact us to find out how we can help your district.